Soma is a drug that relaxes muscle spasms and stiffness from muscle pain. It is also available in a generic form with the name Carisoprodol. Also, there are different strengths available for this drug, such as Soma 350 mg and 250 mg. Is Soma a prescription drug? The answer to this question is, Yes, Soma is a prescription drug.
The FDA recognizes Crasiprodol as a controlled and prescription drug; thus, it is not available over the counter. However, you can find Soma in online dispensaries at a cheap cost.
What are the uses of Soma 350 mg?
Doctors prescribe this medication to relax muscle pain and spasms. Some doctors also use this drug off-label for treating different types of illnesses. However, using Soma without a prescription is illegal and may trouble you.
Soma for back pain?
Carisoprodol or Soma 350 is beneficial for treating skeletal muscle pain and muscle pain. If you have back pain, this medicine may help you to get rid of it. All you have to do is consult with a licensed doctor to get prescribed for Soma. However, your family doctor may also prescribe some other remedy. Thus, follow your doctor’s advice for treating your back pain.
Doses guidelines for Soma 350 mg
This strength of Soma is potent than others; so, the patient should use it with caution. Following the doctor’s guidelines and taking precautions is enough to get proper treatment. However, you should remember that Soma requires personalized doses for every patient. Thus, following some other patient’s prescriptions may not benefit you.
Consider these instructions while using Carisoprodol:
- Take the pills of Soma orally without licking or chewing it.
- Drink enough water to keep away dehydration throughout the day.
- Stay away from liquor or anything that makes you dizzy and drowsy.
- You may feel dizzy after waking up in the morning if you take night doses. So, stay cautious and get up slowly.
- Products that have a large amount of Vitamin C may stop the effects of Soma. Thus, avoid Vitamin C and orange juice while using Soma.
- Store your pills in its original box to avoid accidental misuse by anyone.
- Also, do not share your tablets of Soma with your dog, pet, or friends.
Side effects of Carisoprodol
You may face a few troubling side effects while using Soma for muscle spasm. It is most likely at the starting of the medication or when you are misusing your prescription. In general, the side effects of Soma do not last longer than a few weeks.
Common side effects that may occur in the starting of doses include:
- skin rash
- impaired vision
- upset stomach
These adverse outcomes do not mean that Soma is not suitable for you. It is a sign that you are not using the drug as prescribed by your doctor. So, in case of these adverse effects, inform your doctor via call or visit his clinic.